2015-07-31

Rebuilding


Got a bit distracted, if it wasn't obvious. CGI and mental illness made house calls. Still been poking my code repository when I get the chance, even if it's a line here, a line there. (When I don't break it entirely that is. Some links are out of date. Sorry!)

I mentioned accidentally destroying my primary gameplay VM a little while ago, and ... well ... I did. Oops. Setup is fun, but not twice in a row. I'm really itching to have something to run in the background, though, so I've set aside some time specifically to reconstruct my install. I don't have a post schedule, if that wasn't obvious, but I'm not raring to go back to my 'natural' schedule of rapid posts, then silence for months at a time...

Anyway, I do have a clear goal in mind: I want horribly acidic, rainbow-spewy grendels. So we'll see where I go! I still need to work out the hack to get standalone DS to recognize CE C3, among other things. Couldn't get much insight into what, if anything, the 'my documents patch' part of creatures remastered patch does, and I can't be bothered to keep pasting files around and troubleshooting broken agents, so I've had enough and am going with the 'stock' DS install. Still on XP. I might see if I can get a hold of an original retail disc, like I've been wanting-- I have a vague idea of where one is but it's a matter of getting there from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

active blogs i found