2015-07-22

notefile



Aah, let's see, I ... have a kind of obscene number of notes to go over. And I don't know when to start using a new page, so they're all very crammed and hard to read. Probably a habit I need to get out of...

General system update:


  • I nearly accidentally mulched my progress this morning when I did something Wrong with git. I'm still going to use it, but I am going back to git sunday school (only commits, pushes and pulls) until I know what the heck I'm doing. This better pay back in terms of time savings.
    • (It already has, sort of. Syncing between installs is a breeze now.)
  • I DID accidentally mulch my original Exodus install I'd been using up until this point. :( It also had my notebooks on it, which I'd be pissed about if I hadn't switched recently. So I guess that was a smart thing to do.
  • I have successfully tunneled DS through SSH/X11. I would not recommend tunneling DS through SSH/X11. It's relatively snappy with 8 bit color, though, which LC2E is surprisingly perfectly happy with. I may use it again in the future for debugging purposes.
  • ... but not general gameplay, and Windows' dev tools are good enough. I've abandoned my Docker experiments as a result, though they may live on when I'm older and wiser to its weird format, as being able to spawn a bunch of DS-es could be useful for testing certain things.
  • I've also put switching my workflow to Linux in general on the backburner-- I spent upward of half of yesterday trying to get some reasonable base install going (the main draw, to me, is that I could theoretically make the VMs smaller than the 1.5gb monsters that run an extremely slimmed-down XP) and ... nope. No luck with apt servers, and not enough brains left in me to troubleshoot it. Currently experimenting with non-Debian based distros from time to time, but I have no idea how I'm getting the necessary (old) libraries on there-- compiling by hand, I guess..??
Project-specific updates:

  • The wasteland patch is in 'beta' - it works, but not very well, and has no polish. I'll probably be sniffing around for people to stress-test it soon, but at the moment, I need to see if there's any way I can up the script's priority.
  • I ... underestimated the wasteland glitch, which I honestly should've tested before making a patch, most likely. It blanks the room types for the entire world. Not a scenario I hadn't accounted for, but it makes things quite a bit trickier and less efficient.
  • Still plugging away. Tomorrow probably going to take a break, and give myself a 'reward' by letting myself code an actual agent agent that isn't just a tweak. (Bees ... ?)
CAOS updates:
  • I'm working on a useful snippet that grabs source from any agent. Nothing that hasn't been done before, but it's proving helpful with a couple of CL agents I wanted to look at, and I'll probably need it for the Bee Thing.
  • Trying to think of a mnemonic for image, how-many, which. I always get confused on the new: and pat: families.
  • buzz, race, and pace are a very satisfying-sounding family of commands.
  • VAxx 'works' for talking to parent agent in loops. OVxx does not. This should be obvious to me, but is not at 12am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

active blogs i found