2015-07-17

reps 2



No, I haven't finished my layout. I'm busy seeing if it's possible to create a workaround for the wasteland glitch. I'm pretty confident it is-- my main concern is performance, at this point. Based on a scan of the source COS, I'm pretty sure the kinds of string operations I am doing are not intended to be done. On the other hand, the space left at the beginning of erid is very handy for iterating over it, once I changed my technique a bit, so, hm.


  • apro and mann are very useful on my VM.
  • I think I prefer to do trivially-inefficient operations (subv va00 1, do some stuff, addv va00 1) over assigning and tracking new variables (setv va01 va00, subv va01 1, do some stuff), as the latter overwhelms me too quickly. I am this way outside of CAOS too.
  • I've realized the lack of a command history on the CAOS console is a feature, sort of. It forces me to type commands repeatedly, reconsider them, make them shorter if possible, and become very familiar with the grammar.
  • Subroutines can use local variables from whatever script they're a part of.
  • The debugger has a performance profiler, which I sense I'll be needing soon.
  • I really need to find and/or set up Windows git.
  • I also really need to make a laptop pause key fix-- I've already run into the glitch again where I accidentally pick up an item and click close in near the same tick, making it difficult to escape (since pausing prevents the drop script, reasonably)
Back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

active blogs i found