2015-07-18

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa


  • Hi
  • Got agents spawning in each room, today, kinda-sorta
  • Still needs a lot of troubleshooting, and likely refactoring on top
  • At least it's not running the 'spawning' code more than once, so the refactoring is only for my own comprehensibility...
  • CAOS is not meant for string manipulation and as fun as this has been I don't think I'd ever want to do it again if avoidable
  • The lack of anything resembling for-loop structure was really frustrating upfront; I've learned to work around it though
  • Also got a Git repo going, so theoretically I won't break all my progress with a few confused line deletions (I don't know much about Git, at least not enough to confidently wander forward and back through revisions-- live and learn though)
  • Also managed to get host-to-guest file sharing working, meaning I can use vim and git from my host OSX computer, as well as edos instead of spritebuilder etc.
    • Big surprise, OSX-windows sharing being buggy (regardless of VM status) is a known issue in Mavericks-- using cifs:// instead of smb:// and connecting explicitly from 'Connect to server' in finder sometimes helps it
    • I don't know if it's zsh, tmux or what, but something I had running did NOT like being disconnected when I put my VM to sleep; managed to quickly save it though
  • Combined with switching from OneNote to Growly Notes again, I've reclaimed a lot of time lost while my pinky flailed between ctrl and cmd keys
  • :( I need to write my own notetaking application, being platform locked really bugs me
  • Okay bye

Aaaaaaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

active blogs i found